Tuesday, February 3, 2015

Uptown Funk-Core Challenge- Are YOU up for it?


Are you up for the Challenge?
   Lately there have been a few video's circulating Facebook and Youtube of these gymnast doing core workouts to pop songs. Now this isn't anything extremely new. Back in the early 2000's (when I was in winterguard/band) we had 8 minutes abs, dance, and numerous strength routines to different songs. The song would come on and instantly we would moan knowing what we were about to do. 

   I've seen one to a Beyonce's song Run the World and now Uptown Funk. Being that corework is my favorite, I wanted to see if I could do this. I realized that this is only a 4-5 minute video. It's not horribly challenging but, I worked up a sweat after trying to follow along during my first attempt. I decided I wanted to do this ( and challenge others as well) to do this video every day for a week. We all have 5 minutes to spare, and most either have a phone or a laptop to play the video on.

So, here is my challenge to you. Can you do this video, 7 days in a row. Here are the rules:

1. You don't have to do the entire video, only do as much as you can
2. You don't have to do everything EXACTLY how they do it. I myself have to modify some things
3. Attempt this video every day for 7 days
4. Comment/respond that you did the video on either my FB or Blog
5. You don't have to record yourself
6. If you chose to record yourself, once you reach Day 7, look back at Day 1 and tell me if there were any improvements.
7. Have FUN with it knowing you're improving your health and having fun

So.. here goes day 1!

Here is the link to the actual video
Uptown Gymnastics Video

No comments:

Post a Comment