Saturday, July 30, 2011

A new passion

Sorry I haven't posted in a while. I actually started working and it just hasn't left me a lot of time to do things lately.

On the days my husband and I do have off, if it's nice outside, we tend to spend it mostly in the water/at the beach. I LOVE the water (except when it's freezing :P) ANYWAY my husband LOVES to snorkel. I never have been a huge fan of it because I honestly had not been farther out than my waist in the ocean. I was always to scared of what I couldn't see.  Well, now it's one of my favorite things to do out here in Hawaii. Normally if we have 2-3 days off in a row we will take off to the Kauila-Kona side of the island (west side). It has the better beaches, not that the beaches here arn't bad..just snorkeling is more ideal on that side of the island.

We also made a very cheap purchase at Goodwill and invested in a cheap boogy board. Kau beach is north of Kona and has an AMAZING "fun play" (not so great snorkeling) area. The swimming is awesome, once you get all the way into the water on a warm day the temp is perfect. The waves are pretty big. If you're not paying attention you get a pretty big surprise, even in the area where you can stand. If you wait for the perfect wave you can ride it in all the way to the sand.

So, I guess it's fitting that I am an Aquarius, I'm addicted to water.    I love what you can find it in and I love how you feel so connected to the ocean when you're in it.

No comments:

Post a Comment