Friday, May 20, 2011

Healthy Alternatives for Snacking

Ok, SO I am a HUGE snacker, especially in between meals. This could be a healthy thing as well as bad thing depending on what you (I) eat.

A lot of times I just crave something sweet, I have a HUGE sweet tooth. I try not to buy lots and lots of sweet because I know if it's in the house, I will eat it! Something my husband I have discovered out here is our love for frozen yogurt (fro-yo). A lot of the places out here are self serve. You walk in, grab a bowl, and select the flavors you want. Some people may say, well I'm vegan or you can't have dairy, well, a lot of fro-yo places have non-dairy options, i'm not exactly sure what's it's made of but they try to cater to all kinds of people (including non-fat and non sugar flavors). Most also offer toppings (this is where you can get in trouble so BE MINDFUL) I like to add on fruit toppings (raspberries and strawberries) and SOMETIMES  half a spoonful of chocolate chips.

One of my favorite Fro-yo stores is located on Hollywood/La Brea. They don't have the biggest selection but it's within walking distant, it's one of the cheapest places in LA (.35 an ounce), and they have REALLY good hours. Another one of my other favorites is located in Santa Monica off of The 3rd Street Promenade. It has about 10-15 different flavors, charges about .45 an ounce, and it's a nice treat to end a day at the beach.

Perhaps you don't have a Frozen Yogurt store in your area, well, I can bet they sell a tub of frozen yogurt at your local grocery store. Ice cream typically contains more fat than frozen yogurt so, when grabbing for the Ben and Jerry's check out the small tub of frozen yogurt. Make sure you look at the calories as well as the amount of sugar.

I've posted a video on youtube about my little excursion to Cantaloop below. Hope you like it!

Stay Posted, Stay Healthy!

Healthy Snacking

No comments:

Post a Comment