Sunday, May 1, 2011

2 Goals Completed- 7 Miles + 35 miles in 3 weeks

PHEW what a week. I had been anticipating getting my results back from AFAA but, maybe next week?

On Monday night I didn't feel too good, Tuesday morning= SORE throat..tired & sneezing/running nose. First thoughts?..greeeeeeaaaaaattt...I was pretty much a couch potato All Tuesday and Wed. yay for Friends and my Iphone to keep me entertained.

Thursday I went and cleaned at Swerve but came home as soon as I was done..:( no class for me :( Friday felt a little better and today I'm just snotty..lol (i had previously just been a zombie staring at the tv with my mouth hanging open and ending every word with a d sound (yes reference to a Friends episode)

I had felt guilty ALL WEEK about not working out and just eating and eating..SO Today Josh suggested we go to LA fitness if I was up to it? I had glanced at my Nike + profile and I saw I had only 7 miles left on my goal...I knew I would be really irritated if I did 4 or 5 and only have 2-3 left.. so..I set a goal..I will do 7.

Got to the gym, did my stretching, did my 8 minute continuous Ab workouts (btw I've discovered some AMAZING Ab workouts from trainers at my dance studio as well as my magazines, no I don' t have a 6 pack..yet..lol (it's actually one of the hardest areas/last areas/ to define on your body) If you want some ideas.. just let me know!
    - Continued weight lifting  a few small arm weights (i know, I know cardio before weights, but I knew I needed to re-tone some muscles)
        Then I hopped on the Treadmill. I walked for a bit, stopped, stretched, then set my speed to 4.5 (when I first started running I was at a 4.3, crazy!!) and set an incline to 2. I did this as a warm-up for the first .50 mile and then started jogging at a 5.2, 0 incline. I knew I needed to pace myself. 5.2 is a little slow for my run but I wanted to be able to get through the miles. I did intervals of running at this pace for 1 mile..then walking with the incline for .3 miles...around mile 5.. I almost stopped..Josh had left to go to the bike..he had already did about 60 minutes of fast running ..dang track stars lol ...so...I just concentrated on the episode of House in front of me on the tv..lol YAY for distractions...I finally got through the 7 miles and did a small fist pump for celebration (and proceeded to receive a weird glance from the guy next to me...ooowwell. )

So on the left it states "Lori's Rewards"- New tanktop for the 7 miles & iphone arm band for the goal..well.. I already cheated.. I was at my dance studio and saw an AMAZING tank top..and they only had one left in my size..so I bought it BUT i hung it up in the closet and told myself i would NOT wear it until I got passed this goal ( and I didn't so..yay)..ALSO.. my iphone holder was previously pre-purchased. I was at tjmaxx browsing and they had one for 9.99...everywhere else is asking 19.99+ so I purchased it and used it at the gym. A lot of my shorts/pants don't have pockets and I was tired of holding it or sticking it in the band of my shorts... It's hard to lift weights and listen to music with that thing slipping every 5 minutes.. SO.. I kinda cheated with that one...but I'm not replacing that reward with another..so..yay! No buyers remorse haha.

.ANYWAY.. keep ur fingers crossed that I get GOOD results this week. I'm gonna schedule for my CPR/AED class this week as well..you know I don't understand why teachers are not required to have this...( i know i know it's more money and more of our time...that teachers do NOT have) but..think about it.. some schools don't have nurses during the entire school day..what happens if a Kindergartner was choking on something? I would have some what of an idea of what to do..but.. I could potentially harm them and then get sued...yay...So..just a thought to chew on

Stay Healthy!
:)

No comments:

Post a Comment