Wednesday, January 21, 2015

Weekly Goal Planning


 For those of you that love blogs about couponing, savings, and just general life tips , I would HIGHLY suggest checking out Money Saving Mom 

It's a great website and has lots of great info. I have it booked marked on my website browser.

This being said, one thing that I've really enjoyed that she does is her weekly (Monthly?) goals. 



They're all very detailed , very achievable, and organized..I decided, no longer being employed (the joys of being hired on only for the holiday season) maybe now is the time I can start focusing on the things that I wouldn't have time for, instead of focusing on the fact that I don't have a job.

Here are a few goals that I set on Monday 19th. It's funny, being 3 days later (assuming this will be read on the 22nd, MY BIRTHDAY) I've already finished quite a few of these

January 19th- 25th
Goals
Household Goals
  1. Budget weekly finances
  2. Get rid of 1 household item
Fitness Goals

  1. Do 1 speed workout
  2. Run an 8 mile session
  3. Attend 1 yoga class
  4. Spend 10 minutes practicing yoga inversion
  5. Spend 15 minutes with guided meditation 

Personal Goals
  1. Write 2 blog posts
  2. Finish Inferno Book
  3. Make 1 phone call to friend
So, as you can see, very specific and easy to accomplish goals. I sat down and spent 10 minutes thinking of all the things that I wanted to get done this week (other than the usual household chores and errands).


Like I said, I wrote these down and didn't even look again at them for 2-3 days. I'm not sure if it was just visualizing them, or writing them down and making them important to do that made them achievable. 

So many mornings and evenings go by and we ask ourselves, "where did this day go?"...Living in Hawaii has made me realize I want to take advantage of every day and spend at least 10 minutes looking outside , let the sun hit my face. That's how I spend my mornings because I made it a purpose. If I can start with that one thing, I could add on and make the most out of every day.

What could be that one goal be that you could set for the week?

No comments:

Post a Comment