Sunday, October 9, 2011

Turbo Fire Week 3-Day 17

I've put in a lot of hours this week at work, so, it's been a little tough  working 8-9 hours then getting the effort to workout but, I've been doing it.

Yesterday I didn't have a ton of energy so, Instead of doing a cardio workout, I did a strength training, Core 20  minutes. It's tough, especially when you get to the floor section, it's not just your abs, it's your entire body, Back, stomach, and chest. Pushups are EVIL, I hate them. I don't know why I've just never had the strength to do them. You think after all the years of band and winter guard I'd be able to nail them (directors LOVED pushups as a form of punishment lol) ANYWAY, When I started this program I really wanted to make sure I was going close enough to the ground, so I still used my knees. As of last night I did every rep on my toes getting down to the ground. I was very pleased.

ALSO the stomach section is brutal. She doesn't do reps and then goes on..she ADDS on. So you'll do rep a, then rep b then you'll do rep a and b together, then she'll add C you'll do that , then you'll do Rep a, b, and C....UGH it hurts.. BUT she knows how to fatigue your muscles so they are constantly repairing themselves even stronger. I could barely get through that section, last night I only took 3, 2 second breathing breaks. SO, VERY EXCITED! Things are going well!

No comments:

Post a Comment